Wednesday, September 1, 2010 in ,

The Place

Let me give you a tour of my new apartment. I've been living in Madison about two full weeks now and this is what I've done so far with the place. It's a little bare and a little jumbled but it's starting to come together. In real life this tour would take about 30 seconds.
This is a view from the front door. In the bottom left corner of the picture is my bed and then the doorway to the bathroom. Next is a book shelf and the freezer/microwave/coffee maker/toaster area. The kitchen is pretty tiny so all the appliances don't fit. You'll see in a minute. In the meantime, welcome to the dining area! I found this small dining room table at a local antique mall and thought it was really cute. The chair is one I've had for a little while but I put new fabric on it. It's kind of like greenish, blueish, pinkish, impressionistic print.

These pictures I found at a couple of different antique malls (they're hanging above the the small bookshelf). I love old fashion pictures and was thrilled when I found these. The one in the gold frame I found in a collection in Jefferson City, MO and it's by Clarence F. Underwood.  The frame I found here in Madison. Isn't it cool?

To the left of the book shelf is a small (really small) hallway. It has built in shelves and a pretty big closet. This leads to the bathroom (I don't have any pictures of that. It seems weird to post pictures of my bathroom...)
 
Next is the desk area and book shelves. My music is in the wicker boxes in front of my desk.  I'm not really sure what to do all of this. It seems cluttered to me with the books and boxes and movies and wires and TV. I was thinking about putting some curtains or fabric up on the shelves to block some of the chaos. Any ideas?
 
OK, so I guess this needs a little explaining. There isn't very much room in this apartment, so the landlord took out the doors to this long closet so a bed could fit inside. It's actually working out pretty well because it frees up some space. Also, I don't have very much storage so I got these lifters for my bed and I'm putting winter clothes underneath it (they're in space bags). I'm hoping to get a bed skirt soon! Right now I'm using this cute little parlor chair I found as a night stand. I'm planning on getting some fabric and putting a cushion on it.

 The kitchen is so tiny I can't really get a very good picture of it. It's not really a kitchen but more of a kitchenette. There is a stove, tall cabinets, and a small beverage refrigerator. I had to get a step stool because the cabinets go all way up to the ceiling. It has a lot more storage than it seems.
This is a shot from inside the kitchen. I was able to hang these cute little cupcake plates my parents got for me a few years ago. I love them and they add a little color to the kitchen.

This is what I have so far with my apartment. I'm actually really liking it despite how small it is. If you have any ideas let me know!

1 Comment So Far:

  1. Yay cupcake plates!!

    Dude,that is SO tiny. Amy's is small too, but this might be smaller! Or ... cozier. That's a nicer word.

    Maybe for under the tv or on the bookshelf you could get some of those little basket/bin things from Target? It would maybe look less busy that way! We have some of those and they're pretty good for storage. And it looks semi-organized!

    Also, I'm glad your picture of the queen is still up. Most important item for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...