Monday, August 30, 2010 in ,

The 4 L's (Living Large Like Liberace)

So, I’ve mentioned my living arrangements this year are rather small (we’ll call it... cozy). 240 square feet is really not very much space to try to fit a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, office, dining room, and living room. But for some reason it seems to be working... for now. I’m trying to decorate and give the place some character.
    I wouldn’t say I have ever had a good sense of style. I got lucky with my last apartment because everything seemed to match (in a way). And before that I lived in a furnished apartment on campus. But this apartment is a little different because I have one multifunctional room that I’m dealing with. That’s problem #1. Problem #2 is that my sense of style usually veers towards Liberace or anything Siegfried and Roy would buy (not a white tiger, though. It might get a little claustrophobic). But since I’ve seen my 24 birthday come and gone, I’m going to try to upscale my style. I’m saying goodbye to the staving college student look and resisting the impulse to buy anything that’s hot pink or glittery.

     That’s a lie. I might as well come clean now. There’s going to be some hot pink and there is definitely going to be some glitter. And I swear to you, if I find a framed unicorn painted on velvet, I WILL buy it.... and probably but a spot light on it (perhaps, put it next to my master’s degree).

With all this being said, I’m going to try and keep it classy. This could turn out to be the cutest apartment I’ve ever lived in... or be a complete disaster. I’ll keep you updated.
For now I’ll leave you with some words of wisdom from Liberace in a bath tub:

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...