Friday, June 17, 2011 in

Let's Get Physical


This summer I’m going to get in the best shape of my life.

Every summer’s the same. Each year around this time I decide I’m going to get into shape and vigorously start working out. It usually lasts until about September and then the school year starts and I get bogged down with coursework and my workout regime goes right out the window.

It’s never been a problem in the past because I’ve never been really overweight and my unhealthy ability to deal with stress has kept me pretty thin (Hooray for stress!). Most months in the year my idea of exercise is driving to Bed Bath and Beyond to sit in their massage chairs.
"The Gym"
Don’t get me wrong I've had my chunkier stages growing up but never really noticeably overweight. But let’s face it, I'm 25 and my metabolism has no where to go but down and I’d prefer my ass to not sag down to my knees by the time I hit thirty.

Now is the time to get serious about working out and stop letting my fervent sweet tooth dictate snack time.
I love you
For the past four weeks I've been trying to run 3-4 times a week. And just recently I started going to a yoga studio. I've always been a little hesitant about trying yoga. In my horribly naive, uninformed mind I thought I would change into "Nature Girl," start a potato farm and stop shaving my armpits.


That's not really the case. It's actually been really good strength training and is kind of calming.

However, in my first class I was positioned by a women whose armpits looked like they had dish scrubbers glued to them. Think:

But besides a bit of armpit hair, the yoga class have been (not to get too weird) enlightening. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on sticking with it.
Check out this lady. She's now in her 90s (the video is a few years old), a yoga instructor and looking awesome!


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...