Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mistakers

Current number of parking tickets: 6

Mistakes. We all make them. Sometimes they're unavoidable. Mistakes can seem like a good idea but then turn bad. Other times you make mistakes just to make life more interesting (that's not just me, right?). But on those rare occasions a mistake can be a positive thing in your life. Before I get too melodramatic let me give you some examples.

John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Everyone thought this was a bad idea. Hell, people still blame her for The Beatles split and even I've been known to use her name in vain during a fit of road rage (... moving on). But no matter what you think, John Lennon and Paul McCartney both wrote some great songs after their bromance came to a sad and heartless end.

In many ways this is a huge mistake. But really, Will Smith made it through. We should all think of this during our rough patches. If Will Smith can overcome The Fresh Prince of Bel Air you damn well better be able to pass your comps.

OK ladies, we really have to forgive ourselves for this one. I mean, we were a product of the 90s, we were young, they matched our outfits. Let's just forgive and forget.

The Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder duet. Sounds like the best idea ever... until you actually listen to Ebony and Ivory.  What the hell happened? We all thought it would be good but the only good thing to come out of this was the SNL spoof.

The thing is I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. For starters, I have an internet blog. And let's not even talk about my dating life. Most of the time I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going which seems to be more of a problem now as I see my 24th year quickly coming to a close.

How do we ever know we're making the right choices with our lives? I feel like I need to make a change in my life. I'm not saying my life is bad or I've made one giant mistake after another. I've never had a perm, worn stone wash jeans or been married to Charlie Sheen so on many levels I think my life is going pretty well and could be a lot worse. I'm lucky, but when is that luck going to run out? To quote David Bowie, "Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes/ Turn and face the strain." I think it's time for a change and I'm going to accept whatever the consequences (like an adult or whatever).

Well, how bad can it be?
yikes....

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...